do you know how to prevent covid-19 ?
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrime (MERS-CoV and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans.
- Use warm water and soap and rub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Work the lather to your wrists, between your fingers, and under your fingernails. You can also use an antibacterial and antiviral soap.
- Masks should be worn in addition to staying at least 6 feet apart, especially around people who don’t live with you.
- Wear your mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- If you have to continually adjust your mask, it doesn’t fit properly, and you might need to find a different mask type or brand.
Similarly, avoid touching other people. Skin-to-skin contact can transmit Covid-19 from one person to another. You also can transmit the virus by speaking to someone in close contact to you.
- Avoid eating or drinking in plublic areas
- Do not gather in groups
- Keep a distance of 6 feet from other people.
Use alcohol-based disinfectants to clean hard surfaces in your home like:
- Gadgets (Laptop, Phone)
- Disinfect areas after you bring groceries or packages into your home.
- Authorized COVID-19 vaccines can help protect you from COVID-19.
- You should get a Covid-19 vaccine when it is available to you.
- Once you are fully vaccinated, you may be able to start doing some things that you had stopped doing because of the pandemic.
- Use hand sanitizer when you cannot wash you hands properly.
- Rewash your hands several times a day, especially after touching anything, including your phone or laptop.